We believe that all children can learn and that they need a teacher who
- loves, cares for, and believes in them,
- sets high expectations,
- ignites their curiosity,
- understands and implements what is known regarding the science of learning, and
- crafts the curriculum and instruction so students can be successful in their learning.
To accomplish this,
- We provide an engaging and challenging learning environment that is designed to meet the needs and aspirations of girls and boys using a single-gender coordinate educational system for students grades K - 12 and a coed, play-based program for our preschool students.
- We foster well-being in mind, body, and spirit to ensure a child’s healthy growth and development.
- We teach and model integrity, empathy, compassion, and loving-kindness, and call children to live an ethical life of purpose and service.
- We create personalized learning experiences, so students can uncover their individual talents and passions and have voice and choice in their school work. They learn how to set goals, honestly assess their progress, and be both inspired and motivated to persevere.
- We cultivate a culture of thinking, learning, leading, and doing that provides opportunities for deep inquiry, exploration, discovery and reflection.
- We empower students to lead with courage and conviction by creating opportunities to collaborate, create, and communicate as a member of the local, national, and global community.
- We are committed to lifelong learning and continued innovation in teaching and learning. By exploring and thoughtfully incorporating educational research (e.g. the neuroscience of learning) we work to create, design and implement a preschool – 12 curricular program which uses effective instructional and assessment strategies to enhance student learning.