Guiding Principles and Values
Our Hawaiian and Episcopal heritage is fundamental to our mission and vision. We celebrate and honor Queen Emma’s Kaleleonālani’s life of love, kindness, hope, faith, and service and follow her example to Kūlia i ka Nuʻu – Strive for The Highest – in all that we do. Our guiding core values are described below.
Be gracious, kind, loving and compassionate
Promote goodness and do the right thing
Take care of the mind, body and spirit and the natural world we live in
Recognize and embrace the responsibility we have to past, present and future generations
Foster joyful learning
Be patient, courageous and persevere
AIMS OF A ST. ANDREW’S EDUCATION
- Our students will develop strong, confident voices and a commitment to mastering, understanding and creating knowledge.
- Our students will develop the intellectual capacity and habits of mind to be successful and thrive in college, the workforce, and beyond.
- Our students will lead a life of purpose and service with integrity, respect, compassion, advocacy, and kindness.
- Our students will appreciate diversity, understand our connectedness to each other and to Earth, and have the ability to work individually and collaboratively in our global community.
- Our students will develop lifetime habits of physical, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional wellness so they can reach their promise and help others do the same.