Summer Programs FAQs
- What are the dates for Summer School?
- Is Summer School co-ed?
- What holidays are observed?
- Can courses be prorated?
- What are the health requirements to attend summer at St. Andrew's?
- Do you offer an "Early Bird" discount?
- Can my child take the same class in Session 1 and Session 2?
- Can my child register to take 2 PE courses at the same time?
- What about lunch?
- Is there a uniform? / What is dress code?
- Where do I park to drop off/pick up my child?
- How will my child know where to go on their first day?
- How early can I drop off my child?
- Can my child miss days of school because we're going on a trip?
- Will I receive a report card for the course(s) my child took? When will this be mailed out?
- How do I transfer my child's credit to their school?
- Is there a supply / textbook list for Upper School classes?
- Does my child need a computer?
- Is there a supply list for Lower School classes?
- Can I mail my payment in? If so, where?
- My child is going into Kindergarten. Will they take a nap in the afternoon?
- Can I register for Summer School classes and not enroll my child in the Summer Adventure program?
- When is the last day to enroll in Summer Programs?
- 3-week, session 1 starts Tuesday, June 12 and ends Friday, June 29
- 3-week session 2 starts Monday, July 2 and ends Friday, July 20
- 5-week starts Tuesday, June 12 and ends Friday, July 13
- 6-week session 2 starts Tuesday, June 12 and ends Friday, July 20
Summer Adventure runs from June 4 - August 10, registration is done by the week.
- Health Form completed by a U.S. licensed practitioner with TB clearance, MMR compliance and actual date (month/year) of last tetanus shot.
- Students enrolled in St. Andrew’s Schools are not required to resubmit a TB clearance information.
- A local, Hawai‘i phone number (808 area code) and address for the primary guardians as well as for an emergency contact.
No uniform for Summer School students.Dress code can be found in the Policies & Procedures.
“Examples of inappropriate attire include, but are not limited to, tube tops, bare midriffs, very short skirts, short shorts (shorts and skirts should be no shorter than fingertip length), swimwear, and tattered/torn clothing. No visible undergarments are allowed. Shoes, sandals, or slippers must be worn at all times. Hair and makeup should be natural in style and color to the student. The St. Andrew’s Schools does not permit clothing that is provocative, obscene, or displays advertisements for, or suggested use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal substances, sex or violence. The display of symbols that encourage divisiveness based on race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or other protected status is also forbidden.”
- Lower School/Middle School - yes.Please send a note with your child so we can inform his/her teachers.
- High School credit classes – allowed to miss 2 days. 3 days or more means no credit. 5 tardies or more also means no credit as stated in the Summer Programs Guide.
- Students taking non-credit classes can be absent more than 2 days.