Queen Emma Preschool’s philosophy is based on the developmental approach to learning. We feel that all areas of development are important in developing the “TOTAL CHILD.” We focus our program on building a strong foundation for learning in all areas of development. Cognitive skills are very important, but they are so intertwined with the physical, social, and emotional skills.
Queen Emma Preschool strives to:
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment;
- Offer high quality adult/child interactions;
- Honor and respect children;
- Provide a curriculum that is developmentally and age appropriate and provides a strong foundation for learning with equal emphasis on academic, social, emotional, physical, language, and creative development.
- Provide a rich environment for learning;
- Develop the child’s positive self-concept and joy of learning;
- Encourage & welcome parent and family involvement;
- Nurture and support teachers in their teaching;
- Nurture and support teachers in their pursuit of professional excellence.
Preschool Daily Schedule
7:00 – 8:30 A.M.
Arrival time – Indoor activities
8:30 – 9:30 A.M.
Snack time / Morning Circle
9:30 – 11:00 A.M.
Activity time (details on class planning board)
11:00 – 12:00 P.M.
12:00 – 12:30 P.M.
Tooth brushing, stories, prepare for nap
12:30 – 2:30 P.M.
2:30 – 3:30 P.M.
Snack time / Story time
3:30 – 5:30 P.M.
Indoor / Outdoor activities